A New Laureus Ambassador!
Mission: The Laureus Sport for Good Foundation USA aims to strengthen the sport for good sector by supporting organizations in their delivery of quality, sustainable programming that leads to positive social, health and education outcomes for youth in underserved communities.
Laureus Sport for Good Foundation USA builds and supports local and national organizations who utilize the power of sport to create sustainable change. They aim to build sustainable, resilient organizations that can impact the health, education and social outcomes of kids nationwide. On Tuesday, March 9, 2015 Bob Lujano was announced as the organization’s newest Ambassador. As a Laureus Ambassador, he will work with the organization to help spread the message about the important role sports play in child development and the different initiatives they’re working on around the country. Bob is a true believer in sport being used as a tool for good, and is excited to join forces with Laureus USA to help drive awareness for all the great work they’re doing. At the event, Bob visited a Playworks site in Minneapolis at Sheridan Elementary School. There he introduced students to his sport of wheelchair rugby and lead a game that is inclusive of those with disabilities. Bob also spoke to Junior Coaches in the Playworks program about the importance of inclusion of all students in physical activity.
About Laureus USA and Playworks
- Laureus USA currently impacts 140,000 kids in 25 cities.
- Laureus USA is committed to investing in organizations like Playworks, who focus on training coaches that will serve as great mentors to youth everywhere.
- Trained Playworks coaches work in schools to run a variety of games and sports, as well as teach techniques in group management, violence prevention and conflict resolution.
- In September, Laureus USA announced a commitment of $750,000 to Playworks, supporting five Playworks markets including Minneapolis.
- In conjunction with the four other Playworks markets, 45,000 youth will be positively impacted by this funding.
About Laureus Ambassadors
- The Laureus Sport for Good Foundation is supported by a 135 Ambassadors around the globe.
- Ambassadors are a select group of current and retired sportsmen and sportswomen who have achieved sporting greatness and high profile individuals who, through their life and career, have achieved great things and have become an inspiration, plus non-sporting personalities who are passionate about sport.
- The Ambassadors provide goodwill and further support the benevolent work and initiatives undertaken by the Laureus World Sports Academy members and the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation.
Laureus USA: http://laureususa.com/